Grammie

Grammie
The Lady who got me started

Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm it?!? AGHH!

Okay so Deb tagged me this week and I have been way to chicken to do anything about it... 7 things? Mmmm...

1. Most people don't know that I was born in El Paso, Texas at the Army Medical Center. I frankly have been slightly ashamed I wasn't a REAL Vermonter.

2. I met my husband on the internet. I DO NOT recommend this to any one else but it has worked for us for 11 years!

3. One of my best friends has been my friend since I was 10 and she was 9. That means this year is our 20th year of being friends...Scarey!

4. All of my immediate family lives in Vermont and New Hampshire. There is a constant battle between which is better...I have never lived on the other side of the river and have always called Vermont home.

5. I am one of 9 children. My dad and his first wife had three boys ( a set of twins and a single), then he married my mom and had three girls, THEN he married Aurie and inherited her kids so 2 step brothers and a step sister. For a long time we kidded my dad about heading the Brady Bunch.

6. I lived on goat farms until I was almost 10. I plan on going back and having a few because of my experience. I love goat cheeses and milk... it doesn't bother my stomach like cows milk which is actually why my mom started getting them.

7. My strangest pet I ever had was an iguana named Sampson( we found out later Delilah would have been correct). The guy at a pet store in the Ozarks said no one wanted her and he was going to let her go in the parking lot when he closed shop. Now any one that knows me knows I am a softy when it comes to animals. So I took her home and got online and started to read about them. She lived to be 7 years old. She was 6 and a half feet and she rode all the way to Vermont from St Louis on the dash of my 87 Taurus... She was so happy to be in the sun. My dog use to lick her and guard her from the cats...Mellow Rocks!

So there you go. My 7 things...trouble I am having is who to tag next...Oh I know... Here it comes your way Em.

In the meantime, I have put down the snowdrop shawl because I can't decide if I screwed up or if it is just because it is my first lace... My new sock is awesome and I will try to get some pics up soon.
Peace to all.

No comments: