Grammie

Grammie
The Lady who got me started

Sunday, May 20, 2007

To start anew


Okay so I started a new project. I decided I have been terribly boring as of late just knitting sock after sock...I have had this beautiful lace weight in my collection for almost a year now (http://www.knitpicks.com/Shimmer_YD5420112.html in morning mist) and frankly I have been too chicken to get involved with it...I don't want to mess it up so...there it sat. Well I figure the semester is over and I have a little more time on my hands than before so why not... I have a great support system and probably between us we could figure this out... Okay so I am chicken when it comes to trying new stuff with yarn but then I love it... I am not sure where that comes from but it probably drives everyone around me nuts.... This I will try to amend...I will be more daring with my yarn. That in mind I chose the yarn harlots snowdrop shawl http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/images/Snowdrop_Shawl_v1.0.pdf for my first attempt. It looks to be a easier but interesting pattern. I will keep you all informed on how it goes... knit on knitters, knit on.

2 comments:

rfx1982 said...

Looking good so far!

Deb said...

I really like how the blue looks like shadows playing across the shawl. Or maybe the white looks like clouds? Anyway, it's very pretty.