Grammie

Grammie
The Lady who got me started

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year


This year brings with it so many chances and many wishes to be made and granted.

Last year was a hard one. I lost one of my best friends ever after a long battle with cancer at the young age of 31. Doesn't seem fair still that her husband and two young kids are without their wife and mom. Then I lost a wonderful lady that I adopted as an extra Grandma. Grandma Sweetser encouraged me to sing in the choir even though everyone picked on me about it and gave me hugs that I was missing sometimes. And then to top it all off I lost my Grammie, my last living grandparent. She taught me so much, to cook like her and mom, to knit and how to embrace the Yankee that I am. These three women were some of the toughest ladies I know and every day I miss them.

With the new year comes so many possiblities...I promise myself to put myself first more, cook healthier for my family, knit more complicated patterns, make myself a sweater, and embrace life more fully. With this new year also comes with the chance to be a foster mom to angora rabbits! Here is the first little dude, Mr. F as we call him.

No comments: